Electrical Power Systems Engineer
POSITION: Electrical Power Systems Engineer
EMPLOYER: Minesto UK Ltd, a fully owned subsidiary of Minesto AB
LOCATION: Holyhead, Anglesey, North Wales
REPORTING TO: Chief Operating Officer
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Tuesday 30th April 2019. Please email your application to email@example.com
QUESTIONS: Please call 01407 762907
Minesto is a world-leading marine energy technology developer with the mission to minimise the global carbon footprint of the energy industry by enabling commercial clean electricity generation from tidal streams and ocean currents.
Minesto’s award-winning and patented product, a subsea kite technology called Deep Green, is applicable in areas where no other known technology can operate cost effectively.
The company was founded in 2007 as a spin-off from aircraft manufacturer Saab. Today, listed on the Nasdaq First North stock exchange with more than 50 employees and operations in Sweden, Wales, Northern Ireland and Taiwan, Minesto is a driving force in the creation of an emerging renewable energy industry.
Minesto considers Equal Opportunities* to be of strategic value in its organisational model. We expect equality, fairness and respect for all in our employment. As such, Minesto opposes all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination of individuals.
The role is to become a valued member of the Minesto team and take on the responsibility to become the lead competent capacity for the electrical system. This position is also expected to support all our operations onshore and offshore.
You will be based in Holyhead but the role will include travel to other Minesto Office bases and Project Sites.
You will form part of the Minesto UK set up where you will play an important part in delivering a range of Minesto projects including DG500. The goal of the DG500 project is to deliver the Deep Green power plant off the coast of Holy Island.
Continuous monitoring and analysis of the performance and continuous product development, including field support tasks at our offshore sites. A flexible approach to working hours will be required, including the ability to work on a shift pattern.
The role offers you an opportunity to become part of a strong and international team in a pioneering industry.
Your overall responsibility is to support the design, installation and operation of the electrical system of the power turbine, infrastructure, devices and subsystems including various interfaces and the subsea cabling and connections.
- Assembly, testing, commissioning and maintenance of the electrical system
- Offshore deployment support for the power plant including the kite power plant
- Participation in commissioning activities onshore and offshore
- Generation of reports and procedures as required
- Participate in control system design discussions
- Identification of suitable subsea electrical systems for an array of up to 80 power plants
- Participate in the design of data transfer between the operational sites and the data storage locations/office/SCADA
Your Profile, Experience and Qualifications
We are looking for an experienced, well-organised, structured and skilled Electrical Power Systems Engineer, who enjoys working within a team environment.
In possession of a positive mind set towards challenges, results-oriented, energetic and flexible, with the ability to take initiative & make decisions.
In possession of experience working with industrial, maritime or offshore electrical systems demonstrating a high standard of professionalism and documentation skills.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent / competence
- Experience within the industry
- Communicate fluently in English – spoken & written
- Experience of electrical engineering and maintenance work in UK renewable energy, offshore wind, a large civil contractor, a major energy utility company, or another relevant industry.
- Experience in the use of configuration and PLC systems.
- Experience of electro hydraulic systems within the marine industry.
This position is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the Welsh Government.
*Specifically committed to gender diversity in the workplace and the equal treatment and acceptance of both males and females in an organization. Minesto opposes all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.