POSITION: HSE Technician
EMPLOYER: Minesto UK Ltd, a fully owned subsidiary of Minesto AB
LOCATION: Holyhead, Anglesey, North Wales
REPORTING TO: Chief Operating Officer
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday 25th October 2019. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing your CV and Cover Letter
QUESTIONS: Please call Louise Marsden at 01407 762907
We require a Health and Safety (HSE) Technician to be based in our Holyhead offices who can support the work activity in Wales and in Portaferry, Northern Ireland.
You would be working under the direction of the incumbent Minesto Health and Safety Manager whilst gaining experience and training to eventually manage the Health & Safety within the company. You will provide guidance and information on all aspects of health, safety and environment matters to all levels of the company; ensuring that all staff are fully competent and receive continuous HSE development and training.
You will ensure that the Minesto Health and Safety Management System (HSMS) is implemented across the business and assist staff in utilising this system. You will provide HSE support for onshore workshop activity, office and quayside assembly areas. You will be required to work offshore on vessels installing and recovering our tidal turbine devices. You will also support work on the construction of the offshore and onshore infrastructure.
You will help the continuous improvement process across all sites’ and HSE performance based on site inspections and audits. You will help ensure that all personnel working at Minesto have adequate training and guidance to carry out their work safely and to ensure the safety of others, i.e. ensuring best practice throughout the business and to actively monitor and improve on the practices. The role offers you an opportunity to develop your competence in marine renewable energy, become part of a strong and international team in a pioneering industry.
Your overall responsibility is to advise on HSE issues and improve all HSE activities at Minesto.
- Responsible for advising staff on all aspects of HSE affecting Minesto’s on and offshore operation
- Assisting in the development and implementation of the HSMS and HSE procedures in line with industry standards ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO 45001
- Manage risk registers for offshore operation
- Coaching of onsite personnel to align to company policies and procedures
- Raise safety awareness and ensure continuous improvement of the company’s safety culture
- Highlight any adverse safety trends and ensure adequate safety campaigns are implemented to mitigate them.
- Ensure Minesto always abides with EU and UK health and safety and environmental regulations
Your Profile, Experience, and Qualifications
We are looking for a technician holding a qualification in Health and Safety at NEBOSH general certificate level who wants to develop their career to a managerial level. We seek someone with good leadership and interpersonal skills who can work alone and under the direction of a senior manager. You will be able to handle complex tasks through thorough and precise communication and planning.
- Have a NEBOSH or similar level General Certificate or qualification
- Associate Member of a suitable professional body
- Knowledge and awareness of HSE legislation, regulation and industry standards.
- Flexible working approach and ability to fit into a growing team in an innovative technological Industry
- Experience of HSE in offshore as well as onshore engineering environments
- Experience of HSE in UK renewable energy, offshore wind, a large civil contractor, a major energy utility, or another relevant industry.
- The ability to communicate in Welsh
Minesto is a leading marine energy technology company with the mission to minimise the global carbon footprint of the energy industry by enabling commercial power production from the ocean.
Minesto’s award winning and patented product, Deep Green, is the only verified marine power plant that operates cost efficiently in areas with low-flow tidal streams and ocean currents.
With more than €40 million of awarded funding from the European Regional Development Fund through the Welsh European Funding Office, European Innovation Council and InnoEnergy, Minesto is the European Union’s largest investment in marine energy to date.
Minesto was founded in 2007 as a spin-off from aircraft manufacturer Saab. Today, listed on the Nasdaq First North stock exchange with more than 50 employees and operations in Sweden, Wales, Northern Ireland and Taiwan, Minesto is a driving force in the creation of an emerging renewable energy industry.
Minesto is an Equal Opportunities employer.